At H2M Labs, we recognize that not every compound of interest has gone through a regulatory body to establish a specific protocol. Our staff is eager to research and develop methodology outside standard protocol to assist with your special project or atypical analyses. Examples of previous special projects and analyses, of which many have contracted turnaround times and require data deliverables include:
- Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule (UCMR) analytical studies for major water suppliers for the Assessment Monitoring List 1 contaminants.
- Landfill monitoring and sampling.
- Water corrosion study and SAS projects for the USEPA.
- Analysis of dredged materials along the Hudson River.
- Low level Volatile air analysis for landfill monitoring on specialized H2M Labs trademark instrumentation and equipment.
H2M Labs developed its organic testing capability prior to the establishment of many approved methods. The laboratory was a forerunner in the development of working protocols which have since become industry standards. H2M Labs was also the first commercial laboratory approved for the analysis of Volatile Organics by the purge and trap method in New York State.
Additionally, H2M Labs has developed numerous procedures on both potable and non-potable matrices, requiring special extraction recovery techniques. In testing for aldicarb (Temik), H2M Labs, in conjunction with Union Carbide Corporation, developed the procedure for routine analysis of trace concentrations in drinking water supplies located above a sole source aquifer.