Petroleum products are any oil-based products which can be obtained by distillation, and while they are common site contaminants, they are not generally regulated as hazardous wastes. The primary concern of petroleum analysis is the tendency of Underground Storage Tanks to leak petroleum product into soil and eventually groundwater. Many states have developed their own cleanup objectives and guidance documents for petroleum product sampling and analysis.
H2M Labs employs a variety of analyses for determination of petroleum products, including dielectric fluids, gasoline range organics and diesel range organics, fuel oxygenates, and total recoverable petroleum hydrocarbons.
Below is a list of methods commonly requested for Petroleum Product analysis.
- Gasoline Range Organics by Methods 8015B, 8015C, and 8260B
- Diesel Range Organics by Method 8015B, 8015C, and 8270C
- Dielectric Fluid by Method 8100
- Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons/Oil & Grease by Method HEM EPA 9071 (Solvent: Hexane)
- Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons/Oil & Grease by Method HEM EPA 1664A
- Fuel Oxygenates by Method 8260B
Please contact our Project Management team to discuss your sampling needs or project specific requirements.